Monday, January 11, 2010

Surgery Update

Dave had his pre-op today and he was cleared for surgery. Then we all met with Dr. Lanzino who was nice and didn't rush. Dave's MRI was scheduled for tomorrow at 11:30 but the Dr. told them to make it this afternoon b/c he wants to do the surgery first thing tomorrow (8am). Showtime is 5:30 am as far as I know now.

If the blood spot is smaller they won't do surgery. But we don't think that's likely b/c Dave's symptoms are a little worse than before.

We are all going to wear RED tomorrow. When my grandpa had his brain surgery several years ago we all wore red. My brother Mark had a friend who is Asian and they consider it to be the color of life. But more than that, I thought we would wear red as a physical reminder to be praying for Dave and the surgeon and all that tomorrow holds. So, if you'd like to join us you can wear red tomorrow too.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are blogging these updates! We will be praying for you tomorrow of course, and if I can find something clean to wear that is red, I'll wear it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps some red boxers for Rodin? ....just sayin'
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be wearing red today also as a reminder to keep you all in prayer. I loved your Rosy story. Children are so priceless. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be wearing red too. And praying. A lot.

    Blessings,
    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Family will be praying too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete