Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Light headed and dizzy

Sadly, I'm referring to myself! I went to see Dave and thought he looked great until I saw the long line of staples on the side of his head. I saw it as a great opportunity for Bev to go in and see him! All I could think of was the monster played by Robert de Niro in Frankenstein! But, it does NOT look that bad.

Emma & Sam weren't quite ready to see him, so I took Rosy in to say hi. She brought hugs out for the other two kids from him. She told Sam, "Daddy's really sick, and he's really had surgery, and he's really sleepy, ok?" She tried to deliver the hug to Sam but Sam balked a little due to the presence of so many other people in the waiting room. :)

Anyways, he spent less time in recovery than they anticipated and is doing great but very nauseated. So they gave him meds for that and he went to sleep and we're going to take the kids back to the hotel for their naps.

It's so great to know you are all praying for us and I will let him know about all of your comments as well. I'll post pictures later.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome news that everything went so well! What a relief! Hopefully eveyone will sleep well tonight...xxx, H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great being at Bible study this morning as you called with updates and to pray for all of you. Praise God for how smoothly the whole process has gone. Sounds like the recovery is going well too. God is so good! We wore our red today. I hope if I'm ever in the hospital Rosy will come visit me. :)

    Love,
    Dave & Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! We are so thankful to hear that his recovery is going well. It must have been so liberating to see him after surgery. I'm glad the kids are there to give their Daddy loves...:) We will continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful news! I'm so happy everyone's prays could be felt and the family is holding up and supporting each other so well. Thanks so much for this blog...you have lots of concerned Dave supporters outside the hospital as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, yes, yes. So glad all is well. Staples in my hubbies head I imagine would make me a bit dizzy, too. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Been keeping track all day. This blog thing is great! Continued prayers from this end. Tell Dave we already miss him at work! God Bless!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mitchells.. Answers to prayer are fun when they turn out as we would like them to. GREAT News about Dave. Barbara and her Bible study ladies were all praying for you this morning and will continue to hold you up in the days to come. Looking forward to next blog. Dick and Barbara Gempler

    ReplyDelete