Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm Back...

This is Dave, and I just wanted to post a quick message and thank all of you for your prayers and support through all of this. I am completely blown away by all of the comments you all have posted. I'm not ashamed to admit that your love for me and my family brought tears to my eyes when I read your comments today.

I am also blown away by God's goodness through the surgery and recovery. As Mel has posted, the surgery was completely successful and my recovery has been much easier than I expected. I find it hard to believe that I was taking only Tylenol the day after brain surgery and I'm out of the hospital the day after that! Thankfulness only begins to describe how I feel.

As I said, the pain has been minimal after the first day. I do have more numbness in my left side than I had before the surgery, but that's normal, due to irritation. He said it should settle down in 3-4 weeks. I am tired and feel a little dizzy or light-headed at times, but nothing too serious. Pretty amazing.

I'd also like to thank my wife for doing such a great job blogging all of this. And, of course, for being the best wife ever in a very difficult time. We both felt a profound sense of relief yesterday, knowing that the surgery was over, successful and things are going so well.

Thanks again, all of you, for your prayers, support and love for us.

7 comments:

  1. Dave,
    You're looking great in just a couple of days.
    Glad to hear that everything worked out as the Drs. mentioned after you woke up. Sorry, I couldn't look at your photo of the top of your head for too long. I don't do blood very well. The rest of the photos look great and the kids are having a good time while you are couped up in the ole hospital. Daniel said that he has been following the blog from home, but hasn't mastered how to post a comment. Hopefully, you are reading these now that you are some what up and about. Hope your Dad is feeling better.
    Take Care and God Bless You Always,
    Rich "H"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave you look great and we are all really happy that everything is going well. Thank God! My only question is do you get to keep those cool knee socks you were sporting in the Hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so thankful you're out of the hospital already and doing so well. That really seems amazing after the surgery you had. God is so good! Continued prayers for quick healing and for endurance for all of you to hang out in a hotel room for another week.
    Love,
    Dave & Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are rejoicing with you over the blessed way God has worked through this trial with and for you and your family. Our prayers for you all are ongoing, and we look forward to your safe return to Boise. (Have you been able to see your dad yet? As parents, we can relate to how difficult this must be for him that the flu has prevented his visitation.) Love, Roger and Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is definitely good! It's been so good to read the blog each day and be reminded of God's faithfulness and to be able to pray for all of you. We're really glad that you are doing so well. We'll keep praying. - The Norris'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dave,
    So good to see you out and feeling better. I understand that you will be having "staple" food for awhile....sorry I can't help it!! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Praise God for His mercy and Healing for you.
    Love,
    Rex & Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave I'm so glad that everything went so smoothly and the whole family is doing so well. I hope your Dad is better and able to check in on you too. There is so much strength in all of you. Don't hurry back but I know we all look forward to the day that we can see your smiling face and your family at T-O. How did I know that sock comment was from Tim without even looking at the name anyway...you have to miss that! It has to be tough keeping three kids from going stir crazy in a hotel so my hats off to Mel too!

    ReplyDelete