Monday, January 11, 2010

Rosy and Rodin

Mayo has a reputation for being involved in the arts and there are many examples around of this involvement. In one atrium we stopped to enjoy a piano, clarinet and cello trio that was playing some beautiful classical music. In that atrium is also a 7 foot tall Rodin statue of a naked down trodden man. Well, as we enjoyed the music we noticed Rosy was not with us anymore. I turned and to my dismay (althought I was laughing) I saw her standing in front of the man seeing what "it" felt like! The man behind her was having a good chuckle and pointed out that it was right at her height! (I'm sorry, I did not get a picture of this as I was quickly ushering Rosy away.) :)




Here are a couple pictures of our suite and time today.

5 comments:

  1. oh my Melody, I would have been dying laughing too, and bright red, especially since the guy nearby commented on it!
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel,

    I'm so glad to know you all arrived safely and are enjoying some of life's little funny moments even during a serious time for your family. I'll be wearing red tomorrow and praying for Dave.

    Remember that God is good and He will take care of the details.

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the humorous update Melody! I will be praying for you guys and checking for updates. Love, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. I will pray for you all the moment I wake up tomorrow. Praying today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute story!! I'm sure she will appreciate the retelling of it when she is older! Praying, praying, and more praying today...love to you all...xxx

    ReplyDelete